30+ Years Experience In the Legal Field
- Aviation Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Drowning Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Texas Brain Injury Attorney
Injured? Call (979) 227-4888 For a Free Initial Consultation
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) occurs when a sudden trauma, often a blow or jolt to the head, causes damage to the brain. According to the Brain Injury Foundation, the severity of TBI can range from mild (concussion) to severe (coma). A concussion may cause temporary confusion and headache, while a severe TBI can be fatal.
Levels of brain trauma are characterized by the following:
- Mild (Concussion) – A person with a mild TBI, which is also called a concussion, may remain conscious or may experience a loss of consciousness for a few seconds or minutes, or perhaps not at all. Typical symptoms can include confusion, memory difficulties, headache and behavioral problems.
- Moderate – A person with a moderate TBI is often lethargic with their eyes open to stimulation and may remain unconscious for 20 minutes to 6 hours. He or she may experience some brain swelling or bleeding, causing sleepiness, but can still be aroused.
- Severe (Coma) – A person with a severe TBI is typically in a coma state for more than 6 hours.
If you’re currently caring for a loved one who is suffering from a traumatic brain injury, do not hesitate to contact our firm for legal help.
TBI is the leading cause of death and disability in children and adults ages 1 to 44. Populations most affected are youth and elderly individuals who have fallen. Every year, about 2 million individuals suffer from TBIs, of which approximately 50,000 result in death, and over 80,000 suffer permanent disability.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the leading causes of TBI are:
- Falls (28%)
- Motor vehicle crashes (20%)
- Being hit by or colliding with an object (19%)
- Assaults (11%)
- Other (12%)
BRYAN PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS BACKED BY 30+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE
At Waltman & Grisham, we have been assisting victims of brain injury and their families and caretakers through the litigation process for over 30 years. We understand the devastation that can result from brain injuries, not only to the victim, but to the family and loved ones who often suffer from the effects of traumatic brain injury. If you or someone you love is suffering from a serious brain injury, we are here to help.
Call Today - 979.694.0900
Waltman & Grisham
Serious Injury, Civil Trial, Family Law
1470 Copperfield Parkway
College Station, TX 77845
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.